Fellow Linux users,

I'd like to monitor a few dozen headless Windows XP boxes and generate some
simple graphs to show CPU, memory, threads, and disk usage. The test
software running on these boxes is compiled specifically for Windows and I
have no option to migrate them to Linux or to use an OS emulator.

Initially I thought about using a combination of MRTG, RRDTool, and the
built-in SNMP agent on Windows. I found this site, http://wmiex.msft.net/,
that looks promising but I'm not sure how to configure the WMI and SNMP
components of Windows.

I've also looked into using OpenNMS to generate the graphs although it
would be a lot of work to setup the server. I haven't seen any examples of
this working with Windows so I'm not sure if this is even an option.

Does anyone have any experience in this area?

Thanks,
Brian Lawrence

http://mail2web.com/ .