I would suggest creating a Samba credentials file. Simply create a file
(ie: ~/.smbcred) with the lines:
username=your_username
password=your_password

I chmodded this file 700.

Now you can put the following in your fstab file:
//ir01/images /mnt/ir smbfs uid=563,
credentials=/home/your_local_user_name/.smbcred 0 0

This is more secure as your samba password isn't directly in your
/etc/fstab file (which is system readable).

HTH,
John