Greets,

I'm new to the list, but have been enjoying lurking for a few weeks.

I'm setting up my company's first linux machine, and would really
like to nail the recovery process.  I'm using Fedora Core 5 (I know,
not the best choice for a server, but I'm kind of into it a ways now)
with evms and a kernel modified to include all of the raid/cifs in the
kernel proper (2.6.17.8).

I can snapshot the root volume and cp -ax all of the files to a separate
volume, this works well.  When I change grub.conf/fstab and reboot onto
the copied volume, I cannot log into either my consoles or the x server,
even though the rest of the boot looks fine.  From a terminal, I provide
any username/password (including root), and there is a flash much too
quick to see, and I'm presented with the original login prompt.

This can be solved by 'touch'ing .autorelabel on the new root, and
rebooting, but I would like to be able to avoid this time consuming step.

Does anyone have ideas on how to avoid this?  Or ... do the sysadmin types
recommend just not using SELinux?  I'm really just scratching the surface
of it but it does seem to cause some administrative headaches, based on
various googling I've done.

Thanks,

Josh