On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 03:21:56PM -0500, admin at lctn.org wrote:
> > Sounds like someone installed Exim.
>

> That is the way it looks, except I am the only one with root access to the
> server, and I only run sendmail. Any idea how to revert things back, so
> Exim is not being called by sm-client?

Well, you've said that nobody made any changes and in fact you haven't
even installed recent security patches.  It now looks at a quick glance
that somebody made changes to your system that require root but you
think you're the only one with root access.  If a change was made that
requires root, then somebody else has root access. If it's not you, then
you have been root'ed.  Nothing you can do will fix it at this point.
If you're really, really sure that a root-level change was made, then
it's time to rebuild the system from scratch.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA