Hoping some here might be familiar with Alt-N's mDaemon (www.altn.com)
I am looking for an alternative to run under Linux. Although I find
mDaemon to be one of the absolute best mail servers out there for my
needs, I do have a need though for Linux based.

Now the mail server component is no issue. Any basic Fedora or Suse
install can provide me with IMAP. Heck, if I want to I can install
Open-Xchange. The problem is, with mDaemon comes the WorldClient IM and
e-mail client. And this is where I get stuck finding an alternative. I
have recently scoured through some Jabber clients, but to date all our
pure IM. The WorldClient functions as both an Instant Messenger as well
as direct connection to the mail server to show/alert e-mails, how many
in whatever folder, etc..

I guess what I am long-winded trying to ask is this, is anyone familiar
with a IM type client similar to WorldClient that I can use to connect
with any standard IMAP server? Note, this does have to have a Windows
version as well since 80% of the clients run Windows. Ideally I would
like a IM client that would be tightly integrated to the e-mail server.
As for the webbased function of WorldClient, that is already solved by
Groupoffice.