>              2. since you are running analog, the cables are EXPENSIVE
>                 for long ones and more expensive for high enough gauge
>                 ones to control the interference/degradation.

http://www.cablesforless.com/
helps a lot with the price of cables.

I've had good luck with them in the past - their middle quality cables
are usually far better than the high quality cables that you find at
Best Buy - for about 1/2 the cost.  Even small orders come out cheaper
when you factor in shipping.

Unless of course, you believe all of the Monster / THX Certified / Time
correct windings BS that stores like to spout - well - then, a fool and
his money...

Oh - and I agree - having a pc in every room with a TV would be a royal
pain.  I would run cables - and invest in some RF remote hardware -
something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16880100402

for each room.

If you run short on motherboard ports / processing power - etc - I would
put multiple pcs in the server room.  You can easily share disk /
monitor / keyboard / that way - and the noise stays in one place.

Dan