Dave,

My Ubuntu (Ver 5.10) was a download from www.ubuntu.com. The download was
around 650 megabyte; I started it and went to bed (:-).  Took the file to
an install fest and someone showed me how to put on a CD.  I installed on
a 2.3 Mhz P4 machine; it worked the first time and is a real pleasure of
stability comparied to my XP-pro machine.  However I haven't yet figured
out how to get it to print on my Windoze network printer.

In <system-administration-language selector> there are at least ninty-six
(96) languages available.  There may be a couple more than that;  they are
not all simultanously visible in window. While schrolling (sp?) down I
probably mis-counted a time or two.

Good luck,
AA0P - Steve