On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:09:34PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am considering selling some boxes set up for a small business that
> will run a web site, MTA, spam filtering, and content filtering. I have
> done some reading on GNU and GPL, and it seems I am in compliance, if I
> am not offering the software itself for sale, and all code modification
> is made available.

If you're *distributing* the software, you need to make the sources
available.  This could be as simple as providing a written offer for the
sources with a fee attached to have the sources mailed out.  You don't
have to make the sources available online, but you do have to make it
available.  Whether or not you're making changes to the sources, you
still have to provide the source.

        .../Ed

> Are there other things I need to consider before moving ahead with the
> idea?

Probably.  Talk to a lawyer...  I'm not one (so confirm what I said
above!).

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA