I've been banging my head against the wall on this one, perhaps someone
here can shine some light on things. I have a Linux install (Whitebox 4
if it matters) on VMWare. I want to run a virtual frame buffer (it's
for a goofy app, don't ask) like so:
  Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1024x768x8 I want to be able to connect to the
system using the Cygwin X client from Windows XP laptop and login as a
user who has their display set to :1.0. Running this from Cygwin (where
jwelch-rhvm is the system I want to connect to:
  X -query jwelch-rhvm
Results in a black and white pixelated X screen on my desktop, pretty
much nothing. I think I have things setup properly on my laptop, I can
X into a Sun box with no problems, so I believe it's something on the
WBEL system that isn't set right. Any thoughts on what I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Josh