On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:09:34PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I am considering selling some boxes set up for a small business that
> will run a web site, MTA, spam filtering, and content filtering. I
> have done some reading on GNU and GPL, and it seems I am in
> compliance, if I am not offering the software itself for sale, and all
> code modification is made available.

It is a common misconception that it violates the terms of the GPL to
sell GPL'ed code.  It is totally within the terms of the license to sell
GPL'ed code.  If you are not altering the GPL'ed code (and it sounds
like you aren't), you have nothing to worry about.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

> Are there other things I need to consider before moving ahead with the
> idea?

Probably.  :-)

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota