At this point, I'm pretty sure it was just a loose connector. I took
everything apart and put it back together. Since then, I haven't had any
problems with the drive.

Total drives on the machine: 3. One DVD-RW, one SATA, and the new IDE drive.
I've got a 450W power supply -- I figured that would be enough?