From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Jason Sievert
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:01 PM
Cc: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Gentoo system requirements

Distcc was always my friend.
http://distcc.samba.org/
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
On 4/18/06, Isaac Atilano <aristophrenic at warpmail.net> wrote:
I managed to install Gentoo on a system with a 486sx processor and 32M
RAM and 1.4G harddrive.
What you can do is plug the harddrive into a newer system and do the
install so that the installation goes quickly. You can then plug the
harddrive into the old system.
I tried using the new install program that is on the 2006.0 release but
I had no luck with it on my systems. I recommend using the 2005.1
release and downloading the latest stages and portage snapshots instead
of copying them from the cd.