So here's an idea:

I use Goldengate (iphouse) also.  They do seem to have great support,
but they don't seem to be specifically linux-friendly.  Their official
line seems to be that there are so many linux possibilities, and a linux
user is assumed to be more literate than average, so they can't offer
specific linux advice and don't feel a great need to.

I asked them once, if I could figure out how to get something working
on linux (I forget what this specific case was), and I wrote it up in
great detail, would they put it on their support site for use by others
in the same situation, and they seemed to be willing to do that.

So the idea is, whenever anyone figures out how to do some
internet-related thing with his/her specific configuration of his/her
specific distribution, he/she will write it up and send it to iphouse.
This would be things like, how to set up a dail-up connection to iphouse
with SUSE 9.3, or how to get SUSE 10.0. to connect to the wireless part
of the Qwest DSL modem, very specific stuff like that.

With enough stuff like that, iphouse would become known as a
linux-helpful isp, which would be good for them.  There would be an
increasing body of knowledge of how to use linux with an isp, which
would be good for us.

If we wanted a standardized format for these "how-to's" to put the
tclug "brand" on them, I would be happy to do a sort of clearing-house,
liason-person job.

Steven White
City of Bloomington
1800 W Old Shakopee Rd
Bloomington MN 55431-3096
USA
952-563-4882 (voice)
952-563-4672 (fax)
steven.white at ci.bloomington.mn.us

>>> TCLUG Review <webmaster at mn-linux.org> 4/3/2006 9:39 AM >>>
New TCLUG Review

Category: ISPs

Subject: IPHouse

Very Linux friendly ISP, no ports blocked, no rate limiting, static IP
included, talk to (local) techs not clueless script readers.

20$ a month on top of what Qwest charges for 7Mb DSL service.  But
worth it IMHO.

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/reviews/index.cgi