I have a four month old SATA HD in my FC 4 system. A few days ago I
installed an IDE HD that a friend couldn't use any more. Since then, my
system has been very unstable. The system spontaneously reboots and leaves
me at a boot up screen with a message saying it can't find my SATA drive.

I changed the bay on my SATA drive during the install, so I checked the
power and SATA cables. Those both looked good, but I reseated them both to
be sure. Are there any system messages that I should look for? Any other
potential traps when adding an IDE HD to a system? Thanks for any clues.