On Sunday 02 April 2006 9:16 am, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Some of the Tech schools have classes.
>
> Sam.
>
> Clay Fandre wrote:
> >I searched the archives but I couldn't find anything recent so I'll ask
> >this one again...
> >
> >What are some good local Linux training resources in the area? I know of
> >Benchmark and Euler, but what are some others?
> >
> >If you recently attended some Linux training or some type of
> >certification, please fill out a review on the TCLUG review site and let
> >us know.
> >
> >http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/reviews/index.cgi
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >-- Clay

While its true that some of the schools have classes there are few things to
consider.

1. Not all schools allow "skill builder" enrollment. If they do it will only
be if there is space after the students enrolled in degree programs are taken
care of.

2. Classes at most of these schools will run 9-12 weeks. Assuming you look at
night classes you are looking at 1 or 2 nights/week and 3-5 hours/class.

3. Most of these courses are designed to fit into a program. Depending on the
role of Linux in the context of the program you may find that it doesn't
focus on what you are looking for.

My perspective on this is from the Instructor's side of the desk. I know there
are some other folks on this list with experience as instructors and
students. So if I'm way off base I'm sure they'll help out. ;-)

Jack

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com