On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Raymond Norton wrote:
> I have a user who's Outlook.pst file is missing. We save a copy of all
> incoming messages on the server, so we were able to retrieve what she
> needed and restore her contacts, but she would really like her messages
> from the sent box restored. Is their a way to get them back from sendmail
> in one form or another?

  Only if you have sendmail save them.
  If you're trying to keep a running archive of incoming and outgoing
messages, there's always Axel Reinhold's logall.c patch:

http://www.freakout.de/logall.c

  It saves a copy of every message sendmail processes, incoming or
outgoing.  (Before discovering this, I was using procmail to save a copy
of all incoming messages -- alas, that doesn't work for outgoing mail.)

      Jima