At work we almost all have dual flat panel monitors.  We're using a desk
mounted stand for them rather than wall mounting.  They're great!  Frees
up lots of desk space, very adjustable.  I sure wouldn't want to go back
to using the bases that came with the monitors.  We're using model M7
from Humanscale.  Not the cheapest, but very good stands.

Larry Pint