On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Sep 26 10:13:57 jaguar5 pop3(sglieden): File isn't in mbox format: /var/mail/sglieden
> Sep 26 10:13:57 jaguar5 pop3(sglieden): File isn't in mbox format: /var/mail/sglieden
> Sep 26 10:13:57 jaguar5 pop3(sglieden): Couldn't open INBOX: Internal error occured. Refer to server log for more information
>
> I have found one way to fix things is to delete the user mailbox, touch
> it, and run a short shell script against it to set permissions. This all
> would go much quicker if there were a way to copy existing messages to a
> holding spot and append them to the newley created mailbox. Is there an
> easy way to do this? Better yet, is there a way of fixing the original
> problem without deleting mail boxes?

Did you ever copy the mailbox through a Windows box or something? My guess
would be that there's a file conversion issue that's preventing the
message from being detected as mbox.

In any case, if you just delete the mailbox, it should be automatically
created the next time the user logs in.. if you can afford to lose the
mail.