On Thursday 22 September 2005 17:02, Chris Schumann wrote:
> I would appreciate any tips on where to look for information on how to
> configure such a setup. We're using Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 for the moment.
> Hopefully switching to 4.0 soon. The default configuration files don't
> seem to do anything worthwhile.

The default configuration for spamassassin on RHEL (4.0, can't say for 3) is
activated by using procmail as a delivery system (doesn't require that the
user have a procmailrc or home directory at all) - and the default for
sendmail is to use procmail.  There's an entry (in sendmail) for Cyrus that
may be enabled in your server that bypasses procmail, and thus spamassassin.

If Cyrus can be instructed to use spamc/spamd before delivery (you have to
enable spamd), that may solve the problem entirely.  From glancing at Cyrus'
configuration, that doesn't seem possible.  It looks as if you'd have to
switch sendmail away from Cyrus's LMTP or at least put procmail in between
sendmail and LMTP for it to work.

Dave Carlson