On 9/20/05, EP <srcfoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are you trying to do in the post section? A little more info would
> help.
>
> I have a kickstart script that uses http to get files in the post section
> and I have no problems. So my guess is that it's something in this part of
> your file.
>
> It could also be something with the chroot that's done when entering the
> post section. You could try turning that off and just make sure your scripts
> have the full path to the new system (/mnt/sysimage I think...).

There's a few differenct versions that I've tried, but in essence here's the
most recent post section:

%post
ifconfig -a >> /tmp/ifcfg.out
mkdir -p /var/logs/admin
mkdir -p /usr/local/admin/bin
mkdir /install
chmod 777 /install
cd /install
wget http://10.2.0.51/kickstart/scripts/admins*
sh /install/admins.sh
wget http://10.203.4.51/kickstart/extra-rpm/tsm/*.rpm
rpm -i TIVsm-API.i386.rpm
rpm -i TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm

In essence, I tried to run a script to add users either from an nfs mount or
copy to system being built and run it locall there. Also, was trying to
install additional rpm's. I put the ifconfig command in there on this last
time to see if it was losing it's network connection. It's not. This latest
iteration is http, the prior ones were nfs.

I'll look into the chroot part and see if that's the cause of it.

As to the Gigabit NIC, no there isn't one. I'm doing the initial kickstart
configs off of a desktop with a 3Com 905 card in it.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit. Ne Obliviscaris..