Just setup a new gentoo box and I'm running into permission problems.  I
get an error when I log in as a regular user saying that I don't have
permission to access /dev/null.  When I check.../dev/null is chmod 600.  I
can get rid of that error by chmodding it to 666 but it changes back any
time I reboot.

Also I can't run startx unless I'm either logged in as root or set my user
to have group root.  But when I do that I can't start terminals in Gnome -
it says "There was an error creating a child process for this terminal".

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks for any help,
Brady