Loren H. Burlingame wrote:
> you can't really go wrong with the Promise controllers. They are Linux
> friendly for the most part and the price is right.

As a recommendation for all, general nano (nanosys1.com if you are a
newb or live under a rock) has a card based on the silicon image 3112
chipset that is $29.99 and does raid as well. Two Sata 150 ports, pci,
supported under mainline kernel, good chipset, cheap as fuck. And it
even says it works with linux on the box. Now, I was recommending this
as a good quality cheap card. If you have more money, I'd go for the
promise controllers as well. They are hardly any more money, and I
believe there is a lot of development in terms of supporting them.

nick