On Friday 09 September 2005 9:21 am, Donovan Niesen wrote:
> I'm looking to build a handful of multimedia kiosks for a project.
> The main features of these kiosks is to display MPEG videos in a
> playlist.  Simple enough so far, but the part I'm having trouble
> finding a solution is that the playlists need to be able to be
> adjusted on the fly without affecting the display and they need to be
> able to change on a schedule (ie: playlist a plays in the morning,
> playlist b plays in the afternoon, etc.)
>
> Does anybody know of a package or packages that might accomplish this?

I don't have a package (yet, this is intriguing so I'm going to look myself)
but here's a possible solution.

What if you setup your playlist files then have a "working" playlist file name
and use a cron job to copy playlist_a to playlist at the appropriate time? If
nothing else you should be able to start prototyping with this solution even
if it turns out to be suboptimal.

Jack

--
Jack Ungerleider