On 9/8/05, Nate Carlson <tclug at natecarlson.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Thomas Johnson wrote:
> > root at yura:/mnt/hd# df -h
> > Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> > --snip--
> > /dev/md/0 221G 20K 209G 1% /home
> >
> > now, it's been a while since i had to count higher than requires
> > taking off my socks and counting toes, but i don't think 20K used +
> > 209G Available = 221G.
>
> > Reserved block count: 2930444
> > Reserved blocks uid: 0 (user root)
> > Reserved blocks gid: 0 (group root)
>
> You've got reserved space.
>
> tune2fs -m 0 /dev/md/0

I'm assuming with this being a RAID device, this shouldn't cause any issues
because this will have no future growth correct?

If it was a filesystem, I would advise against setting it to 0 reserved
space due to filesystems filling up.

My question is, why did he choose ext2 instead of ext3 or even Reiserfs if
possible?

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit. Ne Obliviscaris..