On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:34:51 +0200
sphinx <sphinx at indymedia.org> wrote:

> Hello all! I'm having trouble with my IBM Laptop T22 and I when to
> Micro Centre in St.Louis Park to have them make a back-up for my
> important data in the machine. They said they can't becuase the
> harddisk is linux formatted. I got linux suse 9.3 on the machine. Does
> anyone here know any place around the Twin Cities area were I could go
> and have my data backed-up despite my hard disk being linux formatted.

Yay! Micro Center .. sigh.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with a specific answer to your
question of a for-pay local solution.

Can you describe the "trouble"? Does it power on?

AFA backups, I would suggest an alternative, if you have another machine
at home/work, that being:

Try 'g4u' - it's can be found, along with many* other tools on:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

>From http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/ -->

[quote]
g4u ("ghost for unix") is a NetBSD-based bootfloppy/CD-ROM that allows
easy cloning of PC harddisks to deploy a common setup on a number of PCs
using FTP. The floppy/CD offers two functions.
[/quote]

It comes to mind, because I just used it to dump some dusty old drives,
while I had a new PC opened up.

--

Or, you could buy an adapter and backup/diagnose it in a desktop
machine. local suggestion: http://nanosys1.com/con-hd-mide-ide.html

Anyway, just a couple thoughts ..

-Jay