On Saturday 03 September 2005 22:26, Josh Trutwin wrote:
> This seems so simple, it must be late.
> Error: Can't open display linuxbox:0.0

You may have some firewalling in your way, or your local X server doesn't
listen on TCP.  It's probably more of a pain to fix this then using ssh as
below.

> I need to run this @#$! Oracle Java installer remotely since this is
> on a headless server.  I've tried ssh -X to the solaris box, but the
> installer seems to hang with that option.

Try ssh -Y.  -X only forwards untrusted X, which is probably crashing when the
installer speaks trusted X.  If that doesn't work, make sure the solaris
machine has xauth and doesn't have X turned off in the ssh settings.

-dave