I'm looking at replacing an old P3 server with a new Dell 2850. I want
to setup a raid 5 on it and as I've never setup raid on Linux before I
wanted to see if anyone has had any problems with the 39160 SCSI
controller this box seems to have with debian sarge? I have 2 other
debian machines on the network, but they're small boxes running backup
web/dns/squid services and this machine is my main email/web/spam
filtering box so I really want to beef up the hardware while I have the
chance with this new box.

I can't seem to find much via google for debian and the 39160, the
debian hardware list just says the kernel comes with support for most
SCSI devices, and I can't seem to find any sort of equivalent to the
linux laptops site for servers.

Thanks for any tips/experiences you can share.

Rick