On 10/24/05, *Jeff Nelson* <stutterstutt at comcast.net
<mailto:stutterstutt at comcast.net>> wrote:

> I've tried using Knoppix -- it doesn't even find the PCI device.

I tried Knoppix again for grins, and this time it found the PCI device
and the directions in Rasmussen's blog worked just as advertised!

Encouraged by this, I upgraded to the Ubuntu "Breezy" distro; it still
failed. Ubunto insists on calling the device ttyS14. I used setserial to
configure ttyS14, ttyS4 and even ttyS3, each time getting nowhere:
wvdialconf says it can't find a modem.

I was really hoping to use Ubuntu because I'm setting up this system for
a computer novice for email and web surfing and it's one of the more
user-friendy distros out there. I suppose now I've got to change plans.

-Jeff