Thanks for the shout.

I've got my current project in the box. Both "gocr" and "ocrad" had me
correcting 30-40 errors per page. Neither seemed to be overly concerend with
run-together words. Perhaps that is a problem with how the dictionary is
used by those programs. I ran the ocr results through Open Office one more
time and that seemd to clean up most of the stuff.

You'd never be able be able to use these programs to do automated forms
processing. It'd require too much operator intervention and probably be just
as easy to re-transcribe by hand. In a production setting, I'd probably be
able to justify the purchace of well developed software ... just now, I'm
only playing.

Thanks again,

Harv