Raymond Norton wrote:
> 1)
> What file can I edit to set sendmail (outside of /etc/mail/access), so it
> only receives mail from a single relay server?

You can use DAEMON_OPTIONS in your sendmail.mc -
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl

But preferably, if you have a copy of sendmail that is compiled with
tcp_wrappers support, just set up /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow
for whatever machines you want to accept connections from.

> 2)
> I am getting complaints from Outlook users that the same messages keep
> coming down everyday, so they end up with multiple duplicates. Is this
> something that can be controlled in sendmail?
Not really in sendmail.  If, for example, you're using Cyrus IMAP, you
can make it do dup suppression there, but it requires keeping a big
honking database of message ID's. Besides, this is probably not really
duplicates going through sendmail - I expect they're probably
downloading the same message over and over again with POP, which would
be a whole different problem.