> I suggest that you read up on this version of java to find out what
> their variables are (if they exist) to correspond to -Xmx and -jar - or
> you should install a more "standard" java VM that understands these
> variables...

Why do we even have gcj?  Oh, that's right.  Sun is evil, I forgot.
Is any development done it it?  Any commercial software is going to
use Sun's or IBM's java anyway.  I just don't see point of wasting the
effort on this.  It's like trying to write an open source version of
Windows.  If I need Windows, I'll get the real thing not some
half-baked half-done implementation.  Same goes for Java.