I recently had some really ugly hardware failure on a desktop I've had
for years.  I had backups of most everything important except for a
mysql database that I'd really hate to lose.

Although I haven't done a mysql-dump in at least a year, I have very
recently burned /var/lib/mysql onto a CD.  So I have the following files
backed up from /var/lib/mysql:

amarok  debian-5.0.flag                ibdata1      murdelized  test
blog    [redacted].dnsalias.org.err    ib_logfile0  murdevel
cds     ib_arch_log_0000000000         ib_logfile1  mysql

Is it possible to use these files to restore my old databases to my new
system?  I tried just copying them to /var/log/mysql and that didn't
work.

Thanks for your help,

Ian

--