That was incredibly easy. In fact, it couldn't have been easier.

The problem was the only DHCP client I had installed was the experimental
IPv6 client. I installed the dhclient package for Fedora Core 4, the did an
ifdown eth0, ifup eth0 and everything worked.

I didn't have any DHCP errors in my syslogs because I didn't have any DHCP
activity.

Thanks for the help!