Jim,
  I have been on Frontier DSL since its existence.  The only problems I have
had has been every time it has been sold! :-)  Recently though I had to reset
my DSL modem and received a new IP address for the first time in 4 years!  But
it did give me a 60% bump in speed.

All of that said, I use a Dlink router with no special settings and it works
great.  I also used RH 7.3 on an old box as my router a couple of years a ago
with no special settings.

Now that I have told you my config, can you shed some light on what your
config is, the symptoms you are seeing and what things you have tried?  It may
trigger some insight from the list.

- Bob