If you can find a local vendor, that's probably your best bet. I've
worked with Dell's Latin America division, and yes they do have
representatives that speak English (accented, but better English than
the India tech support guys.)

The obvious advantages are not having to deal with import tariffs, and
your hardware support is automatically handled by the proper world
wide division, in the proper language, and any software that comes
with the machine has the proper language for the region, or whatever
language you request. I had them quote me the Spanish language OS on
the clients for example, but English on the server as I would be
supporting the server remotely.

Dunno if what works for a business enviorment is what you need for
personal, but going that route made my life much easier.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue >0;