> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:35:17 -0600
> From: greg wm <tclug at greatlakedata.com>

> hi tcluggers,
>
> i'm ready to drop some $ for 2 simple servers, no m$ software, could be
> custom built, could be stock metal.  general nanosystems seems good but
> i haven't really become acquainted around town that much yet.
>
> where would you buy your metal?  why?

Personally, I'd buy from IBM. They have cheap to insane servers that are
built like tanks with fantastic warranties and online support. Parts are
widely available and reasonably priced. You can upgrade to 4-hour onsite
warranty if you need it. My company uses nothing but IBM for our entire
data center and developer servers. All two machines!

Right now they have a used xSeries 250 for $454, or a new xSeries 206 for
$445. And neither comes with an OS.

Chris