Maybe a picture below helps explain it better.

----------------
+  63.98.3.64  +
+  outside FW  +
----------------

--+ ISP firewall +--

------------------------
+  172.16.5.47         +
+  ISP IP - my system  +
+  my firewall (FW)    +
+  (Linux box)         +
+  192.168.1.1         +
+  int. IP - my server +
------------------------

--------------------------          --------------------------
+  192.168.1.19          +----------+ 192.168.1.2            +
+  Linux - apache, etc.  +          + MS machine             +
--------------------------          + sees all int. machines +
                                    --------------------------

I should have sent this initially - sorry about that.  The MS machine(s) are
all connected via hub to the server, etc.  I just did not mess with putting
a line from MS to my server.

I have put the 63.98.3.64 into my Hosts and Lmhosts files on the windows
machine.  I have put it in two ways ... one with a name (I can ping "name"
and it tries to find 63.98.3.64) ... plus one with IP addy of the internal
machine 192.168.1.19 ... to no avail ... which probably means I do not know
what I am doing and set it up wrong.

I do not have DNS running on my server - do not want to hassle with it, etc.
I just use the ISPs DNS.

Does this shed more light on the subject?