I have mediaWiki installed on a Linux box behind my firewall with a local IP
address.  I have to view these pages by using the internal IP addy.

Issue:  I would like to be able to use the real world IP address all the
time to view the pages, rather than the internal IP address.  For some
reason when I use the IP address 63.98.3.64 on a machine internal to the
network ... the connection times out and it does not find anything.

But, if I use the internal IP address it works just fine ... finds the
machine I am redirecting a port to, etc.

To further complicate it, the IP address I am assigned by my ISP is
172.16.5.47 ... an internal IP addy (high speed wireless connection).  They
redirect all traffic to my real world IP addy and open all ports up to my
server.  All works well, except for this one issue where I can not use the
63.98.3.64 IP addy to get to anything.  It would be nice to use that addy,
or redirect to it with a name to simplify how pages are looked up, etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to what I might have set up wrong, or what my
ISP might need to do to allow me to see that IP addy?  I can not even ping
the addy and get a response.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Randy