So, I'm typing a paper in Open Office 1.1.3 on a laptop running Debian
Sarge. It's a pretty blah, vanilla paper, no fancy layout or anything. I
have the OOo options set to (a) autosave every five minutes and (b) always
save a backup.

I maximized the window, typed for a bit, decided it was better before so I
un-maximized it. Then the window stopped responding, I couldn't select
things with the mouse or enter anything with the keyboard; the rest of the
system was fine. Blah, I thought, and killed off the process, restarted it,
it asked if I wanted to resume the document I had been working on so I said
yes. Great. But it's a copy of the document from like three hours ago! It's
been autosaving all this time, I'd intentionally saved it a couple times
manually... how the hell did it revert to something from three hours ago?
And there's no backup file. Just the one document.

I don't think I've ever seen anything this weird and annoying before on
Linux.

-Steve