I tried doing some photo editing this weekend, and got really frustrated by
my crappy old trackball (6 years old and a bit worn) when trying to do fine
graphics work.

I've wanted to get a graphics tablet (pen tablet) for a while. Any
suggestions for a good but not excessively expensive model? This isn't
something I'll use on a regular basis, so using a small tablet shouldn't be
too problematic.

Wacom used to be *the* brand to go with. Are they still the ones to use; or
is there a competitor now who's just as good and easy to use with Linux?

Is installing one of these tablets just as easy as plugging in the USB cable
and letting the kernel auto-detect the right driver and load it?

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator