Tim Wilson wrote:

> Anybody got any experience with Monarch Computer Systems? (http://
> www.monarchcomputer.com/)

Yes... I have purchased several systems though Monarch and I know
of other people that have as well.  Generally speaking it's a
great company.  They are an AMD partner and offer a great website
for building a custom whitebox.  The negative experiences that people
have had are about getting support -- especially phone support.
If you are expecting someone to help over the phone should you
encounter any glitches then just make sure your expectations
are set appropriately.

The configuration tools are especially helpful for making sure
that you have compatible memory and fans for CPU(s) and the CPU(s)
are indeed compatible with the mobo.  It's also important to insure
that the fans are compatible (i.e. there's enough space) with the
enclosure (especially for rack mount or small enclosures).
For my own systems I now check compatibility myself and simply
order all the parts (from various places).  This 100% self-support
approach may not be appropriate for a commercial deployment, however.

HTH,

--Tom