On Tue, 3 May 2005, Yaron wrote:

>> I just noticed that IPHouse is supporting 7mbps DSL..  Has anyone seen
>> this or is anyone using it yet?
>>
>> It looks like it bumps your qwest cost by about $10..
>
> I kinda find it hard to believe that they charge the same for 256K and 7M...
> anyone ask them? $38+$19.95=much less than I'm paying for DSL... heck, I
> think I'm paying Qwest more than $38! Definitely paying the ISP more than
> $20, but that's worth it.

You can get the official pricing for the Qwest side from the tariff:

Qwest Tariff Page:
http://tariffs.qwest.com:8000/

Premium Tier DSL Tariff PDF:
http://tabb.qwest.com/PPNB.NSF/dc8f684caffe8bcb862562d00070ec59/9c4873f9e441928a86256fe7004c0b10/$FILE/_08h9kok3iclmmipbi68pjid1d64s2qc1l8gj4k_.pdf

It'll be $38/month + ISP, with their usual $99 speed change/activiation
fee.  The fee is waived through July.  And in typical Qwest fashion,
they'll probably end up extending that promotion.

Megacentral's started getting letters a number of weeks ago asking whether
they wanted to be able to support the higher speeds (some ISP's are still
on the legacy single ATM T-1, and some are on ATM IMA T-1's, and couldn't
necessarily handle 7M customers)

And unlike Concast, Qwest and your local ISP's won't readily give up your
information to the RIAA without a court order ;)

http://news.com.com/Comcast+sued+for+disclosing+customer+info/2100-1030_3-5671438.html?tag=nefd.top