> Most likely java is not in your path. You can either modify your path to
> include
> the java executable or you can fully path the java executable when you
> call it,
> i.e. :
> $ /usr/local/java/java -Xmx256m -jar FileIndexer-1.1.4.jar
> or where ever it is that java gets put. You can use whereis to find it.

I managed to get the line to execute by entering the full path

( /usr/java/jre1.5.0_02/bin/java -Xmx256m -jar FileIndexer-1.1.4.jar )

The jar file reads a configuration script with the db, user, and pwd. I
get this error even when using root as the db user. I am able to work with
the database via the shell without any errors or warnings.

Any ideas?

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification message from
server: "Access denied for user: 'dms at localhost.localdomain' (Using
password: YES)"
   at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)
   at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1906)
   at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:954)
   at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1902)
   at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:450)
   at
com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:411)
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
   at
com.jamwarehouse.fileIndexer.datastore.FullTextKTDataStore.initialize(Unknown
Source)
   at com.jamwarehouse.fileIndexer.FileIndexer.main(Unknown Source)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **