Got a call yesterday from Domain Registry Support, saying that they needed
my fax number to send me a legal notice about my domain names. I asked
why; he said that it was regarding the "loss of my domain name". I asked
what role they played, and he said that they were something like "a
company that assists the registry in sending out notifications". I
specifically said my domains are registered with Godaddy, and asked
specifically if they were a registrar. He said no. I told him to put me on
his do not call list, he said he couldn't (!), and then proceeded to ask
for my fax number again. Out of curiosity, I said fine, and gave him an
eFax number.

What do you know, today I got a fax from them, saying that 'natcarlson.us
has become available for registration, and could be taken at any time!'
They then give an 800# to call, which I did some searching on - they are
indeed a registrar that charges huge amounts of money to "secure" your
domain name.

So, on Carl's advice, I set up Asterisk to record the call, called them,
informed them they were being recorded, and got both my fax number and my
voice number on their do not call list. Hope they call back.  :)

The funniest thing of all: natecarlson.us was cregistered in Apr of 2000,
and doesn't expire until 2007. Hah!