On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:51:35 -0600 (CST), Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I am trying to install a program on a fedora core 2 box. The following is
> an error I receive after running the java command.
>
> [root at mail fileIndexer]# java -Xmx256m -jar FileIndexer-1.1.4.jar
> -bash: java: command not found
>
> Any ideas where I should look to resolve this?
>

>From the command line:

whereis java       (or:   find / -name java )

If it's installed, then:

echo $PATH  (Checks to see if java is in your path)

env    (this shows your environment variables)

If it's not installed, then download and install java.  It sounds as
if it's not installed, but do these steps just to make sure.

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..