On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:27:22 -0600, Mike Nixon <mcnixon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:05:12 -0600, Dana Millaway
> <dmillaway at holdingford.k12.mn.us> wrote:
> >  I find myself wishing
> > my car radio had TIVO so I could replay NPR stories that I catch in the
> > middle.
> >

> Replay Radio would be cool... http://www.radioyourway.com/
> But I'm not sure that I want to pay that kind of money.
>
> Mike

Before my Linux box caught fire
(http://andy.zibnet.us/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album10) I
was working on setting up something that would tune my USB radio tuner
(D-Link DSP R100
http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSB%2DR100) and
record automatically. I was just going to setup a bunch of cron jobs
to tune and record, then encode to mp3 for transfer to my MuVo player.

I was just going to use cron for the timing. cron is easier than
setting a VCR right? :)

I planned on using fmtools (http://www.exploits.org/v4l/fmtools.html)
to tune on command, and one utility or another to record from the line
in jack. Never got to setting it all up do to the meltdown, but the
tools you need are out there. You don't need the fancy fm tuners and
all that, just tune a standard radio in and record at the right time.
Limited to one frequency that way, but is there anything besides MPR
worth listening to?

Search the lug archives for "FM Radio Tuner Tricks" and you should
come up with the previous discussion.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it