Dan,
I recently borked my firefox with an "extension" (in this case that
meant EXtra TENSION). Anyway I moved my .mozilla/firefox dir to a new
name and re-installed. It was pretty easy to determine which files to
copy from the "old" dir to the new one. My point is that if you will be
able to recover most or all of your stuff.

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff