On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 11:45:10AM -0600, Adam Maloney wrote:

> Don't forget TivoToGo.  I just got the update a week or two ago, and I'm
> loving it.  It's just about to the point where it makes upgrading the
> capacity on the tivo useless (for me at least).  I can copy the video to
> my PC and either burn it to DVD for permanent archival, or just keep it
> around on my drive since I have ample disk space on my PC.  If they can
> just improve the transfer speed, I'll be happy.

Have you used TivoToGo with Linux much?  I have got no problem
downloading the files (using javahmo or directly), but using them
is a pain.  I have been stuck with making iso images on my laptop
(which doesn't have a DVD burner) which still dual boots XP and
transferring the iso images to my desktop machine.  I have also
found ways to strip out the drm on the windows side and transfer
the mpeg files, but some of the Linux video editting tools don't
like the files.