I am setting up a 34 floor condominium with wireless access. I have
found that the Belkin Pre-N access points have a very excellent range
which means I will only need 1 per floor (this has been tested, I
could actually get away with 1 every other floor). The problem lies in
the fact that these devices are very consumer-level and are hard-wired
to only support a single /24 subnet per device while it's firewall is
enabled (which I need in order to block SMB ports from other wireless
users. No, there is no ability to do static routing and they will all
be hooked up in series via Ethernet).

With a potential of 300+ users I am not comfortable with a single /24.

The only other option is to basically treat every wireless device as a
NAT/firewall/router with it's own /24 dhcp pool. However, this would
mean that users on the last AP in the daisy-chain will have to go
through 35 NAT gateways before reaching the Internet.

Does anybody see this as a problem?

--
Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>
GPG Key ID: 0x112DCF4F