Looking to implement an "IP SAN", which I guess is the buzz phrase for an iSCSI
storage network. I'll be picking up a handful of Gigabit NICs to augment those
servers which are currently lacking one, I've got it narrowed down to the Intel
1000-XT or the 3Com 3C996B-T. I've got a number of machines using Intel NICs, I
know that they work well and have good Linux support. The 3Com cards, however,
claim to do some additional TCP Checksum offloading, which could be helpful on
a couple of CPU challenged boxes (I don't want to spend the $500/per for a full
blown TOE card if I can avoid it). Also, looks like the 3Com cards are
supported fine.

Anyway, if folks have opinions, or better yet facts, about these cards I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Josh